As a Title I school, we have the opportunity to strengthen our program to meet the needs of all of our students with the federal support of Title I funds. Funding is based on the number of students who have free lunch. We are actively addressing the following parent, guardian and community involvement Title I requirements because we know a working partnership is crucial for our students to succeed.
Understanding the School System
As a Title I school we:
- work with parents and guardians to understand and navigate the school system,
- share information about the standards for learning determined by the state, the materials and programs we use to teach those standards, and the tests we use to show how students are progressing, and
- inform you about your child’s academic progress throughout the year.
Communication with parents and community is a focus of our school and we value the different ways parents contribute to the success of their children. To enhance the way parents are already supporting their children’s academic success at home, we will offer materials and ideas that guardians might additionally use.
Parents' Right to Know
Information for parents
Edison parents have the right to know the qualifications of teachers and paras and may request this information at any time. Edison will provide parents, on request and promptly, information regarding the professional qualifications of the student's classroom teachers, including, at a minimum, the following:
- Whether the teacher has met State qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction.
- Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or another provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria have been waived.
- Whether the teacher is teaching in the discipline field of the teacher's certification.
- Whether the parent's child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
We also want to inform you that parents and guardians have the right to request specifics about the qualifications of their child’s teachers. You also have the right to know if your teacher is Highly Qualified.
Additionally, Edison will provide to each parent -
- Information on the level of achievement and academic growth, if applicable and available, of your child on each of the State academic assessments required under section 1111(b)(2) of the ESEA
- Timely notice that your child has been assigned or taught for four or more consecutive weeks by a teacher who does not meet applicable State certification or licensure requirements at the grade level and subject area in which the teacher has been assigned.
Shared Decision Making
Parents will be involved in making school decisions, writing school plans, and assessing the effectiveness of school programs. They will also work with the school to plan Parent Involvment activities. Please contact the front office for more information on how to be a part of this important work. We need your ideas!!
Learn more about our School Community Council by clicking on its link under the School tab.
Home & School Partnership
Our school has a variety of formal ways to develop the home/school partnership such as Back to School Morning, Parent-Teacher Conferences, School Community Council (SCC), Family Connection Events, school newsletters, and other such opportunities. Please know that we also value the informal yet important ways we work together through phone calls, emails, and visiting before and after school. We look forward to working with you this year!! You will find a copy of the Home/School Compact in English and Spanish in the Edison School-Parent/Guardian Compact section of the Parent page, or click below. It describes the commitments we are making to you, to see your child succeed.
FAMILY-SCHOOL COMPACT FOR ACHIEVEMENT
Edison Elementary School
Equity in Action
School-wide meetings are held each year to update the compact. Parents are welcome to contribute comments at any time. For more information on the compact, please contact the school.
Interpreting and Translating
If you need help communicating with the school, please call the front office at 801.974.8300.
Bienvenido. Si quiere ayuda en su lengua para comunicarse, por favor póngase en contacto con la oficina de la escuela. Spanish
Arabic مرحب به إذا احتجت الى مساعدة للتفاهم بلغتك الأصلية، يرجى الاتصال بمكتب المدرسة الرئيسي.
Dobrodošli. Ako trebate pomoc komuniciranja na vasem jeziku, molimo vas da kontaktirate glavni ofis/kancelariju u skoli. Bosnian
환영합니다. 만약 언어소통에 문제가 있으실 경우 저희 본 사무실로 전화 주시길 바랍니다. Korean
Soo Dhawaaw.Haddii aad dooneysid in lagu siiyo kaalmo ku saabsan inisgaarsiinta lagu sameeyo luqadaada, fadlan la xariir xafiiska weyn ee dugsiga. Somali
Ki hēni. Kapau 'oku ke fiema'u tokoni 'i he fetu'utaki 'i ho'o lea, ta mai. Tongan
Chào quý vị. Nếu bạn muốn được giúp đỡ trong giao tiếp bằng ngôn ngữ của bạn, xin vui lòng liên hệ với văn phòng chính tại trường. Vietnamese